Sunday, July 1, 2012

Scrapbooking


Within the last couple days, I printed up some pictures for Izzy's scrapbook. I usually only print a few at a time to keep the cost down. Today, I did what I said I would and went scrapbook shopping. I spent just a little over ten and excited about working on her book.

My husband cleaned off the kitchen table and my cat and I worked on three pages. I got two pages about my work done and got started on a page about my YMCA. I said my cat helped me cause she insisted on laying on the table in the middle of my stuff.

If anyone is thinking of starting a scrapbook... just a few suggestions. The scrapbooks come in albums of 8 by 8, 8 by 11 (which is what I have) and 12 by 12

I have found some advantages and disadvantages to my size. The disadvantage is that it just seems like the pages that you can buy for the album in that size is plain. Compared to a couple years ago, there is less to choose from. Not because I have used everything up but because they aren't carrying much for that size. The advantage is that it's the only size book that I have noticed came in a huge 3 ring binder. It almost feels like the pages that I can fill is unlimited. I notice in the other sizes it appears like their is a limit. I believe you can buy extentions to make the album take more pages but I am not sure.

The 12 by 12 pages seems like it would be hard to get creative enough to fill out the page but it gives so much more room for pictures and notes of information. I have used a couple 12 by 12 sheets and just cut them down to use them for my book.

Well, that's about all the advice I have for scrapbooking besides just go for it. It's so much fun.

No comments: