Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's getting close to the end of the second ten week session volunteering for Meld. I still love it but some of the kids have really been clingy to Mom's and they haven't been staying. I still love going and believe that I am doing a good thing. When I started back in April, I was so out of shape. It has really motivate me to work out more and I am down 28 lbs and no longer struggle to get down to the level of the children.
I think I might have a part time babysitting job through a local church. It's 2 hours every Sunday and I would get 25 a week. I would work along a volunteer and be in charge. I am excited. I am suppose to send him some references and send him some information about me. It's not a lot of money but it's more than I would work if I went to work taking care of the elderly for a two hour shift. Isn't that sad? I am a little nervous about taking on a new job though. I don't want to give up volunteering for Meld. I believe too much for what they stand for to quit. I am no longer on unemployment because I am working about 34 hours a week now.If I take this then I won't have any days that I won't be taking care of the elderly or young kids. Also, this would effect my oldest son Alex on the weekends he is home. He would be babysitting my little son, but then again, maybe I could bring him. If I do it. I would like to think of this money as play money.. So, I could use that to help my son feel better about me being gone. So, it could help pay for a movie, lunch, ect...
I am going to sit on this for a couple days before I send the information in the mail. I want to be upfront and honest about who I am. I even got to thinking that this could be an possible way to connect to other birthmom's because ya know everyone always knows someone. I do fear sharing that information, because I don't want people to think bad of me.

No comments: