Monday, August 16, 2010

I didn't experience much of a childhood. I didn't have any friends past the 4Th grade. I really missed out on some fun things. My kids are so spoiled and don't even know it. After, having a child and losing them to adoption... for me personally, I was done trying to have friends for the most part. I didn't try. I didn't get many experiences hanging with friends.
Today, my son got in free at a water park. It was a prize for reading in the summer reading program. Stephen, my youngest, has really worked me into trying to do some of these fun things. My oldest son always had Dad around.
Back in 2006, I visited Great America for the first time. When I seen that Stephen wasn't scared to go on some of the scary rides.. I went. No major rollar coasters though.
I am a person who is scared to go down the water slide at the Ymca. Today, I acted like a kid. We went on all the scary rides and had fun. Stephen is more like me than I know. He is so comical and has a sense of humor like mine. He kept asking me if I wanted to change my mind and I would say no. We were on this belt thing..seeing the highway and he tells me that there is no turning back now. I had a blast. But I screamed all the time.. It was so fun, I want to go again. Even though my butt hurts. I swear they charge lots of money to abuse us.

Then, when I got home, I got a call from Meld. ( I had arranged for the night off) They had six babies and the only person there was the Meld driver who is a male. Don't they know that the babies want their Momma's and if they can't get Momma's they want girls. haha.. I didn't have to go but they had babies and I left right away to go play.

I had a really good day. Sometimes, I just need to play more.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Glad you had such a good day - sounds like fun! Good for you for going on the scary rides...I'll try some of them, but I'm kind of a chicken on most of them!

birthmothertalks said...

Just wait until your daughter is old enough to bring you to all the scary stuff.

Rebekah said...

You are doing so amazing on your weight loss. I cant wait until Im down to your size. Keep it up girl.