Monday, January 28, 2013

volunteering and odds and ends


I did my three hours volunteering for the nursery that I have blogged about. I feel better doing it twice a month compared to weekly. I had to get over a little guilt reducing it from weekly to biweekly. I have just had to accept that any time I volunteer is still a good thing. Volunteering is part of who I am but the amount of hours I give doesn't define who I am. I know if I didn't need to work so much that I would gladly give up a free day to volunteer for them.

They really treat their volunteers pretty well. They offer lunch or whatever I pretty much want. Sometimes, I eat lunch or nothing at all. Today, I just grabbed some grapes to get me thru until I left cause I knew I was meeting a friend for late lunch.

There were two children there when I got there but I really didn't get to play with the children. They asked me to clean the upstairs which includes two bedrooms and a room where they hold parenting classe and one bathroom.

I stocked a few things for them and sanatized buckets of toys for them. They said they have to do it weekly. It sure seems like a lot of work. I don't feel like I work that hard at my real job or for home for that matter. The cleaning makes me feel a little guilty because I don't hardly do any of that at home.

My husband's and our roles are sort of reversed. I bring most of the income in the househole and he does most of the cleaning. However, I still expect him to be manly and take care of our car!! LOL

It had a few things wrong with it that needs tending to and a couple of things were pretty bad that they were being nelglected. I think it's more out of him just not being a car smart guy than a lazy one.

We paid someone to do two of the repairs. We got new tires and a new tire rod thing was put in by the people that did the tires.

I am on the verge of becoming a shopaholic!! TMI alert.


I think I just can't get enough bras and panties!! Sorry if that weirds you out. I finally got sized and am actually buying bras that fit from a fancy bra shop. Luckily most of them have been on sale so I paid an average of 20 compared to 40. I haven't caved and bought 15 dollar pair of panties to match them so I think I got my head screwed on right still.

This weight loss thing has really woke up the girl in me. I am coming up on sticking to count calories and work out on a weekly/ almost daily basis for a year.

No comments: