Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wrap up from my reteat

Like I mentioned the retreat seemed centered in some ways about religion. It was in a Catholic building after all. The two girls I hung out with seemed to be strong in their faith and almost anyone who opened their mouth had something to say about God and all.
Well, I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way but I just am not there with the God thing. Church does sometimes make life easier and I can't explain that one. I kind of think people with religion are fake. They pretend to be your friend but if you don't share their beliefs they will drop you. Both women have contacted me on FB and who knows if we will really have a friendship outside of our awesome weekend.

Don't get me wrong. I am thankful for a lot of things but I don't always think to credit God. Right now, I am working full time and in my company it means if business is going good then people are doing poorly. So, I don't believe God would sacrifice the elderly's well being for mine. I suppose we could look at it in a way that God provided for the elderly to afford the care but for every old person who can afford the care there is another one who can't afford the care. I just don't believe God is up in heaven playing Any Miney Moe your going to be poor and be alone.  I don't get into God's plan and free will. I admit that God's plan thing has helped me through some dark days but which is it God's plan or my free will? And if my life has been God's plan then could he stop writing birthmom stories? Could be stop making stories of couples that can't bring children into this world? Can he stop taking newborn babies away from their Mom's.  No offense to anyone.

I thought while I am wrapping it up, I would blog about the gifts that I received. It was better than Christmas morning! Just kidding. We all received a beautiful homemade start. We all had body soap, body spray and body lotion on our beds. The other gifts varied from person to person. I think the majority of us got products from Avon. It's so much cremes and such that I don't know what to do with. It's some expensive stuff and honestly I am afraid to use it cause I could never justify buying it. Hello.. I am a Mom. But it was nice of Avon to donate the stuff. I have yet to try it though.

I also received 4 tickets to the zoo in Chicago.   They expire at the end of this year so we will have to go before they do. In the same gift bag was 50.00 worth of movie money. I am very grateful for the gifts and it was really sweet of them to go all out like that for us Mom's.

Like I mentioned, I did talk about my daughter. It felt good to kind of lay that on the table just in case I do remain in contact with anyone that I don't feel like I am living a lie. No one tried to talk to me about it though and that's okay. 

1 comment:

Leah said...

I know what you mean about some religious people. I have had the unfortunate experience of meeting some "Godly" women, but if you disagree with them on religion at all, they drop you so quickly and they only want to associate with other like-minded people.

I'm so glad your retreat went well. :)