Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dear Izzy

I hope you are doing well. I am guessing that you are excited to be finishing up the 11Th grade and then you can call yourself a senior. I will be honest that I have a idea on what you look like, because I have seen your pictures in your school's yearbook. I carry those pictures around pretty much all the time. I had the pleasure of showing my older sister. She is the only one who I really can talk about you with. Everyone else just keeps quiet. So when she was here from out of state it was nice to show her. She didn't doubt for a second that you are my girl.
Last night, my husband and I went to dinner at the local restaurant that my Mom also goes there quite a bit too. We ran into his ex wife, I guess she goes there too. Well anyways the waitress asked me did I have a older sister that looks a lot like me. I told her no. I really don't think she looks like me. Then I figured my older sister must have come in there with our Mom. It makes me wonder if you came in there would they ask me if I have a daughter or if your Mom comes in here. I know I am not your Mom, but from the pictures I can see that we do look quite a bit alike.
Izzy, I have to finish getting ready for work now. I am working a double shift. That is 48 hours in my clients home, but it's not as bad as it sounds. I will work on your scrap book. I picked up some new stuff for it. I hope you don't mind it's a lot of my kids. I promise I will try to put other stuff in there too. Also, I will be working on my homework for my English class. I hope you have some plans for college. Do it before you get married and have kids. It's very hard to do it now.
I love you girl. I always think of you.

2 comments:

RB said...

I love that you're writing letters to Izzy. My wish for you is that one day soon you'll be able to share them with her.

BTW- I'm sorry about that offensive comment left on my blog. You were right on the money, you never know who is reading. I appreciate that you were so upfront with your distaste about it.

Andrew's Daddies said...

I love the letters to Izzy. I think it will mean a lot to her when she is able to look at this blog. And that's not an "if" because I know some day, she will.