Saturday, May 12, 2012

birthmother's day


Today, is birthmother's Day. It's something I never heard of until I came onto the land of blogging. Personally, I don't celebrate it but I am shocked that Hallmark hasn't snatched this one up to make money. Then again, how weird would it be picking out a sad sorry you don't have your kid card? It shouldn't surprise me that it's not known by many people cause it's just another example how birthmother's are swept under the rug. After all... what is there really to celebrate when it comes to adoption loss? I am sure we can celebrate the children are alive cause the Mother's didn't abort the children. But is that worth celebrating? I don't mean that badly but if abortion was never on the table then it's not really an issue with adoption. I know some may say that the birthmother walked away and let the child have a good life but I just don't feel like walking away is a cause for celebrating.

I celebrate Mother's Day but sometimes it's not really a happy day. My family will never be complete. There is always a daughter missing from my day. I am not my daughter's Mom and that title belongs to someone else. It's something that I just have to deal with. I am in a much better place since I am in reunion with my daughter but she is so far away now.

I tried to write this post and not have it so sad and boring but it's the best that I can come up with and for that I am sorry.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Thinking of you, birthmothertalks. I hope that you are able to do something relaxing tomorrow or just whatever you want.

birthmothertalks said...

Thanks Wendy, we are going to go to this little zoo near by that we haven't been to yet. Maybe, a cookout or dinner out.