Friday, November 5, 2010

When I started blogging, I never imagined that I would actually talk to someone on the phone that I had met through blogland. Somehow, I found this blog and when I needed it most she reached out to me and we have talked on the phone more times than I can count. I consider her to be a very good friend of mine and I am sure someday we will meet.
We both have a lot in common that we both lost daughters to adoption and at the hands of our Mother. Our stories are not all the same but she has been a lifesaver to me.
I have been gaining the ability to talk to people about my daughter. It's not a easy process but I need to be able to speak because through talking maybe great things can come.
Last week, I mentioned the coworker who's friend Mother had made her place her daughter and I gave her my number and said for her to call me.
Tonight, the co worker said that she plan on giving her the number tonight. She also went on to say how the birthmom talked about how it might have been if their daughters could have been playing together had she kept her. She said, she told her to not talk like that. I told her, in a nice way, that telling her not to talk is probably the worst thing you can say.
She was like really? I said, yea, you basically dismissed her feelings and that is hard.

So, I am hoping that the birthmom will call me and I can pay it forward and reach out to her. I would like the chance to be that special person to her. I hope that in being more open about my birthmother status that I can educate people even if it's the smallest way.

Lastly, birthmom1986, I think your awesome! You have no idea on what your friendship means to me. Your story of your reunion with your daughter gave me something to hold on to. It gave me hope for better days ahead. And better days are here!

No comments: