Monday, November 29, 2010

MELD Fundraising

I have decided that in one week from today, I am going to pull the money that has been raised for MELD. Through blogging the total amount has been raised is 105.00 I don't add money to the account like I wanted to at first because it wouldn't let me pay myself. I did buy gently used clothes here and there for MELD. I have had to really work hard on not buying all girl stuff, because girl stuff is so PRETTY. But it's more boys than girls.
If anyone else would want to donate to the organization now is the time to do it. I won't seek donations after this last chance call. I will leave the donate button up should anyone ever strike it rich! lol
My plan is to split the money up and use half on gifts for the six to seven kids that show up on a weekly basis for Christmas presents. With the other half, I will use that to buy items from the baby section of the stores. Examples, baby bottles, wipes, pacifiers, bibs, baby lotions, soap, teething rings, rattles or any other baby related item.

Again, I want to thank everyone who even considered donating. I know sometimes money is tight and there just isn't enough to go around. Also, thanks to everyone who did donate. It's been a great experience for me. I will put the funds to good use.

No comments: