Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The power of influence

Last night, was my second night with Meld. There were two of the same boys and two were not there. But there was two different faces. Plus, I brought my sons. Last week, I didn't blog about it but two of the kids were kind of wild and talking kind of dirty. It was the two oldest boys. The other volunteer said that the younger one copies the older one.
So, the older one wasn't there and he played with my oldest son. He was a different boy. It's a amazing and how scary children will copy what others are doing. The power of influence could be a very good or bad thing. It's the bad stuff that scares me.
I did have another really good night. I enjoyed it. My youngest son didn't quite know what to do, because the babies don't really sit for any length of time and play games.

However, though, before he got there he asked me this. "Do you get paid a little or do it for free" I said, " I do it for free" He said, " Like Terry who tutors me does it for free" I said, "yes, so in a way, I am paying back and if we all help where we can help the world will be a better place to live in" It may sound cheesy, but I really mean it.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Sounds like things are going well at your job. And I like your viewpoint that you're giving back. This world definitely needs more volunteers. :-D

Pam said...

I admire you for helping and think that it is great that you bring your sons.

Unknown said...

This is a great photo!