Friday, June 12, 2009

Dear Izzy


I heard from my son that he met your brother. Wow! What a small world we live in. I was happy to know that not only did your parents honor my wish for your first name, but your middle name as well. Your name was about all that I could give you when you were born so it's just awesome that they didn't change it. I hope your parents were not upset for him talking about your story. It gives me a little peace just believing that adoption isn't a sore subject in your house. I wonder were you told of the accidental meeting.
I really do love and miss you. Some people don't understand how I can love you. In all reality, I don't know you. All I can say is that you are my daughter how can I not love you. I believe you resemble me quite a bit and I really like that. It gives me hope that I can pick out my own daughter in a crowd. It doesn't sit to well with me wondering if I could possibly look into a girl's eyes and not know she was mine. I know I didn't raise you, but I still think of you as my daughter.
Love always,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day...I've spent the last 1/2 hour reading some of your earlier posts and now I'm hooked on your story! I can't wait to find out what happens when your daughter turns 18 and if you get to meet up with her. I'm sorry for what happened to you all those years ago. Reading stories like yours make me so happy that we have an open adoption. I think you should definitely take advantage of any free counseling you can get and don't feel guilty that you are taking anything away from new birthparents. I don't think that is the case, and think of it this way...back when you became a birthmom the same laws weren't in place to protect you from being forced into a closed adoption, so you deserve even more counseling in my opinion. I hope I get to read a joyful post about meeting Izzy someday soon. (((Hugs)))

Jill said...

Your love and devotion for your daughter are never lacking in your posts. I hope someday she will truly know how much you loved her and why!
Hugs, Jill