Saturday, June 25, 2011

It seems as of lately, I have to get on my knees and beg to see my oldest son. He lives with his Dad and we have joint custody. We don't do the traditional every other Friday to Sunday because I work second shift on Friday and Saturday.

What we have been doing is picking him up on Saturday morning about 11 am and I would drop him off on Monday morning for the school bus or take him directly to school.

I have told my son if there is something that he would like to do that falls on my weekend then he can talk to me. I am not sure if it's my ex husband or my son has taken this to mean that my son can decide to not come over. I have had to express myself a couple times now that it's his right to ask and my right to say yes or no if he does something with friends compared to coming over.

My ex husband signed him and my son up for a dart league on Saturday afternoons and only then did he ask me if I was okay with it. I didn't think I had much choice in it and since I work Saturdays I agreed. The last two times my son has asked to come over on Sunday because he wants to go to the church on Saturday and I been flexible.

Lately, I been feeling like my son doesn't contact me unless it's to ask can do something else.

Then, my ex is texting me and wanting me and him and the kids to meet to talk about somethings and I asked what. Supposedly, the kids have been complaining about some of our rules.

No comments: