Tuesday, December 28, 2010

16 and pregnant

Just a couple days ago, I found this blog. It made me spark an interest in 16 and pregnant again. I will be honest that I haven't had cable to have access to watch it but I got a little disgusted with MTV when I heard that another girl had placed her daughter for adoption.

So, I checked out the MTV hours and went to the ymca and walked on a treadmill for over an hour to catch an episode of 16 and pregnant. It just happened to be Ashley that I linked her blog too. I have some thoughts about the show and some of them are just emotionally based. So, I may or may not go into them another day.

I am kind of happy for the spark in my interest again because I need another motive to work out and this will work. I need that time to myself.

I just want to leave you with a message that came on the commercial.

They showed an black male running up to a school and approaching two children with lunch sacks. He is sweating and out of breath and hands them their lunch. Then, he drops the food out one bad and breathes into it.

Then, the message says that you don't have to be a perfect parent that foster kids just need parents or something to that matter. Sometimes, I feel that some women are placing their children for adoption because they want the perfect parents. You don't need to be perfect. Just be you.

2 comments:

Candace said...

I clicked on your blog from another blog, I read this post and the last paragraph, well I love it. Thank you for that reminder :)
-Candace
cbbaby.blogspot.com
candacescorner17.blogspot.com

birthmothertalks said...

You are welcome!