Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hey all.. Christmas is coming on quickly. We haven't done much decorating except for lights on the fence. I should be putting up our tree but that would involve moving furniture around and my tree isn't doing it for me this year. Oh and I can't find the stockings.. how is Santa going to leave us goodies if we don't have stockings.

I haven't done any shopping yet. Going to start that within a couple days. I have a question for you. Every year, I decide on a dollar amount to spend on my kids and split in half. It tends to be about the same every year. For once, I have a something in mind for my oldest son. My husband tries to talk me down to spending much less money on them.

How do you made decisions when it comes to the budget for Christmas gifts. I pretty much won't budge. Maybe, I would take his thoughts into play more if he was throwing money into the gifts. He isn't and that's okay. He just isn't into presents. Well, he will do presents off and on during the year and not just because it's Christmas or a birthday. I am the other way around. I tend to not give gifts at non holiday times. Just wondering how you deal with conflicting thoughts on what to buy or how much can be spent on Christmas presents.

4 comments:

Jeannette said...

I can only speak for myself but how I decide is how much money is available for gifts. My husbands salary is commision based so each month the take home pay is different. December happens to always be super tight financially. I will usually get each kid one small gift from their list and one gift for something they need. I am like your husband, they get things through out the year, but I do think they need something under the tree too. If their is money and nothing has to be put on credit cards I'm all for getting them a special more expensive item thats they really want.

birthmothertalks said...

Thanks for throwing in your routine of Christmas shopping. I always get an extra check towards the end of the year because I get a vacation check and choose not to take the vacation and like to add that to my shopping money. I hope I didn't come off as being cheap through out the year. I buy them things they need as needed but mostly they don't get toys and such from me doing the rest of the year.

Unknown said...

I ask my son what he wants and then I usually try to get that for him. He never asks for very much. I would buy him the moon if I could.

birthmothertalks said...

The moon and the stars right?