Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dear Todd (birthfather)

You were my first love. I remember that bright smile and your laugh. I haven't seen you in many years but I feel that we share a connection. We share our daughter. Do you still think of her? Do you even know her name? am sorry because I don't remember if I gave it to you or not. I was really afraid of an custody battle to get our daughter away from her parents. It wasn't personal at that moment. I just couldn't risk uprooting her from her family that she had been with.
Oh how I wish things were different and we were able to watch her grow. She grew up without us. Do you still think of her as a baby? Or do you count the years?
I have met with our daughter twice now. She is beautiful! She has the brightest green eyes that I have ever seen. She has beautiful dark curly hair. Her smile lights up the room. I am getting to know her. I am not her Mom, but I love her just the same. I hope I can continue to see her and get to know her better.
She has graduated from high school and is going to college. She really likes to challenged when it comes to education. She works too. She is everything that I have dreamed her up to be and more.
I wonder do you still think of me? I really don't see you in my daughter. I mean as features of hers. Then, again, I only knew you for about a year so maybe somethings I just didn't notice about him. I am really sorry that you haven't been able to meet her. I think you would like her.

No comments: