Monday, July 12, 2010

This was Alex's weekend home with us. I picked him up a few hours early and kept him a day later than normal. Which his Dad got all upset because normally I wouldn't have him past the morning, because of school. He can be a pain in my ass. Normally, until I lost my job, I wouldn't even get him until Saturday morning. Should I stick with old routines even though things are changing? I like for him and I to be able to shift things around if some time opens up.

Our weekend went better. I might get into it in more depth later. But I am kind of wondering if being a Mom to a teen is harder than all the other ages because those are the years that my Mom officially checked out. I said it was better. It wasn't easy. I feel so tense and sometimes I feel like my son is so freaking happy as long as everything is going his way.

His Dad announced that he has a girlfriend now. It will only be the second girl in all the years that we divorced. I can't help but wonder if he will throw a fit.. If he will have a hard time adjusting.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi. I can't imagine parenting a teen. I have 4 more years, so I guess I better enjoy it now. Hope the transition/changes go ok.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'd love to read about your relationship with your daughter. My e-mail is alwaysinmyheart@cox.net