Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dear Izzy

Sometimes, I like to imagine what life would have been like if I had the pleasure of looking at your pretty face everyday. Sometimes, I dream about how we would have done mother and daughter stuff. Oh, how sweet life would have been if you were my daughter in every way. I wish I could have had a simple life. A life without the sorrow of missing you to the core. A life without feeling as if I am not a whole. If only I could have been your Mother for longer. If only I could have been there for you as you grew up. I so wish I could have held your hand as you got on the school bus for the first time. Or to see your eyes light up on Christmas morning. If only, I could be the Mother that you love and turn to for advice. I wonder what it would have been like for you to grow up with my sons as your true brothers. Would you look after them? Would you be pushing them away to do your own thing. If only I could go back in time and make things different. You are such a pretty girl and you have such a bright future ahead of you. I am so proud of you, even though, I don't have anything to do with your achievements in life. Keep your head up high. Reach for your dreams. Don't ever give up. Education is the key to your life. I hope you are happy in all that you do. Know that I am loving you from a distance.

No comments: