Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cooking class 101


This recipe is from my cookbook that is all about crockpot cooking.

This is perfect for a fall evening. My family rates me meals as a keeper or I have to eat it cause I am hungry and this one was a keeper

Cheese Soup:

Ingredients

1 lb processed cheese
1 lb cooked and drained ground beef
1 can corn (drained)
! can Red kidney beans (not drained)
1 can Diced tomatoes and green chilies (not drained)
1 can stewed tomatoes (not drained)
1 packet of taco seasoning

Instructions:

Combine all ingredients together in your slow cooker, mixing thoroughly to combine. Cook for 5 hours on low (or 3 hours on high), then serve with a side of crackers or corn chips.

I personally think it was great with corn chips. We nicked name this recipe Chili's little brother. My son hates chili with a passion and actually ate this without hassle except trying to avoid eating the beans. So, if you have a child that won't eat chili and you love it this might be a good starter point to bring them to your side.

I also tried a yummy homemade recipe of mac and cheese with the left over processed cheese. If anyone wants that recipe just let me know. Or if anyone wants calorie counts I can give ya that too. All the keepers are being entered into myfitnesspal and when I cook it again I already have a calorie count and a simple way to add it all.

Just for info this is good for maybe 4 to 6 people depending on how much ya eat.

No comments: