Wednesday, February 22, 2012

MELD

This weekend, I spent the donation for MELD that I received. I bought a pack of newborn diapers, a bottle, baby soap, baby brush, a bottle, baby wipes, baby blanket and baby wash clothes. I think that about covers it all. I am on the hunt for a used diaper bag and want to buy a few more baby related items.

Monday, I went to volunteer for them and at first I was the only volunteer and one Mom wouldn't leave her kid because I already had four kids which two were under six months old. Then, another volunteer did show up but I can't recall if that Mom brought her kid back in or not. I do recall her saying she needed to be held the whole time cause she was sick. I don't quite understand why the Mom would bring a sick baby.

I noticed that the other volunteers were not there and I asked about it. They said a couple of them changed nights. I asked if they have been having enough people and he said "not really" There is a part of me that wants to jump in and save them but I have to do what is right for my family. It's better for my family to have me home. I secret wish they would offer me a part time job but that's probably not likely since it's all about having funding to do what they do for the Mom's and babies. It's not that I really want to be paid for what I do but if I earned a little bit of money.. I would drop a few hours from my day job to be there.

No comments: