Thursday, February 16, 2012

Child support stuff:

9 days ago, my children's father got paid and we have yet to see any money deposited into my states way of taking and paying child support.

6 more days, until my children's father get paid again.

They are suppose to take the money out of his check but if they didn't get the paperwork in then he is suppose to send it in to the state and the state pay me.

The state says the employers has 7 business days to send the payment but on the form that I had to fill out. I wrote it's to get sent within 2 business days.

Financially, we are on top right now, because we got our tax return. I am not looking for the money cause we "need" it at the moment but more so because we need it in the future.

As of right now, the child support is suppose to go on a debit card, which I no longer have because it's been years since we have gotten child support. They have refused to issue me another card until we have a deposit. They refuse to send a check until I receive a form and send it back to them to make it direct deposit. As of right now, it doesn't matter cause there isn't any money.


I don't think the system is set up right. If I was a single Mom by the time I got child support ordered and it was taken from the Dad's check (if it was) I wouldn't have time to play games.

However, I do see how the father or even Mother (non custodial parent) wouldn't pay cash directly to the parent with the children because it wouldn't count as them paying the support and they would still owe the money if it didn't go through the state.

As of right now, I am not too worried. As long as they did take it form his check then once I get money coming in for support it should come in on a regular basis until he is out of work because their Dad has a job that will most likely leave him without income in the summer months.

2 comments:

Family Bits said...

It does take time for the employer to send the money in..but trust me...no one...NO ONE is above the Child Support Enforcement department. Not even the IRS. Once it's been ordered that he pays child support, he might as well consider he's got a hit man on his ass.

birthmothertalks said...

Thanks. I am sure it will start rolling in soon.