Friday, November 30, 2012

teenager struggles


Things have been getting very heated at my house. I don't like the things my son has been doing or not doing but I just don't have it in me to kick him out or withhold food.

I can understand a lot about how my husband feels but at the same time some of his expectations and how he has handled my oldest son isn't the same way I believe he handled his own kids.

My children don't deserve any less than his did.

I know it's going to take a lot of comprises about what we are willing or not willing to do. My husband read some stuff about how to make a grown child move and that's by making things hard on them. Make them miserable. Make them set up to fail.

Tonight, while I was at work. My husband did talk to Alex quite a bit about how everyone is busy doing something and he is doing nothing.

The deal at the moment is that Alex is going to be cooking all our dinners thru our lessions to teach him how to cook. I do agree with this.

Alex's Dad has basically refused to talk to him due to my son not trying to hide that he smokes pot. That and the fact that almost everything Alex has ever been bought (electronics) has disappeared and Dad (bio) thinks it's due to drugs.

Truth be told.. We don't know if that's true or not. His stories are fishy. What we do know is that we are done buying him expensive electronics due to the disappearing act that they do.

It has come out that Alex is mad at Dad because he promised him a tattoo and Dad said he couldn't afford it but spent over 200 on himself.

It has also come out that Alex is mad that I only gave him a 20 dollar gift card. My husband said that they had a talk about how much the house payment is and all the rest of the bills.

I am hoping things calm down a bit. I just can't handle the stress/

No comments: