Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I tend to focus on the negatives. It's something I have to really try hard not to do. I struggle with trying to find the right balance in my life. I have to keep my emotions in check, be a Mom to two boys, a wife and work as a caregiver. Sometimes, I get too stuck on being online and just not doing much at all and not seeing the good in my life.
In counseling, I am suppose to try to think of the good things so here are some.
  1. My husband and I get along so much better. I been divorced once and we did a few sessions of marriage counseling and one thing that I took from it is that divorce isn't an option.
  2. My husband has been sober since May!!! So proud of him.
  3. My boys love me.
  4. I still own my own home.
  5. I have connected with another birthmom who can relate to me.
  6. I have a good friend who now asks me questions about adoption.
  7. I have a membership at the Ymca.
  8. I have many pets that I adore.
  9. My lab sits on me and actually hugs me. I am not crazy she really does.
  10. I have a husband that supports my doll collection. Come on how many men can put up with dolls displayed in the living room and actually buys them clothes.
  11. My husband finally got his car fixed yesterday.
  12. My step daughter is having a baby soon. I am going to be a Grandma.
  13. We both have jobs.
  14. I have found a church that I like going to and just tonight, my husband says you need to go tomorrow, it makes you feel better.

No comments: