Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It doesn't really surprise me that so many birth parents are speaking out online. Adoption has been treated as hush hush and birth parents have often felt like they were silenced. Starting off with their families. So, when your own family silences you then it's even harder to speak out in the world. I have always felt like I lived a double life.. like I wasn't true to myself. It's hard to explain. One day, a neighbor girl was being cute and really doing nothing wrong and the Mom said this is why you didn't have a girl. I wanted to come across the fence and touch her. It's those innocent statements that sometimes just really sting.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

and i am so grateful to those birthparents. it gives me insight into feeling that i otherwise never would have the privilege to know.