Tuesday, August 20, 2013


I feel like I almost have nothing to say on this blog. I don't know if that means I have come full circle and am happy where my life is going right now. I know for the most part this blog has served as a place where I vent about the negative stuff. I hope I have done a good job at showing the happy things too.

We are settling into a new routine at our house. My husband is working about 3 days a week. It's suppose to be mostly on the weekends but so far it has included at least one week night. I am learning how to manage without my husband. I have had to learn how to work the tv and dvd player.

I have started doing a little zumba in the living room. I just don't think doing it in the basement. I know that sounds horrible since we made Alex live in the basement. Although, as a teen I would have loved it. The basement to me seems so far away from the rest of the family and maybe Alex didn't like that. Going back and thinking maybe I shouldn't have bought a 2 bedroom house but I know I just got too caught up with house shopping and thought it was the perfect house.

I have started doing dishes and laundry and little bit of sweeping here and there and feeding our dogs. I feel like I am more productive when my husband is gone and plus I have to change my whole thinking about how he is HOME all the time. He is still home more than me but hoping with me pitching in here and there that our hosue will look nicer.

I am making Stephen help here and there too. He is 13 and no reason why he can't be expected to do more. Today, I washed his bedsheets and blankets and when I bought him back up to him he asked me "if I was going to put them on?" I said, "if you need help then I will help you. " I think I said something to the point of who do you think I am? And with the most serious voice he said if I was a tv Mom "i would be the maid" LOL Yep. He is going to be doing more around here and no more tv.

I been missing having our grand daughter here but in some ways I am enjoying not having a 3 year old. I feel like with her always being here she is stealing Stephen's attention. She is such a doll and when here she is grabbing and demands all the attention. I don't regret standing by my voicing my opionion that if my husband was to get a job that I would not be the babysitter on my days off. If I only worked part time then that would be different. I hope to see her on somewhat of a regular basis. Maybe even offer to have her for a day once a month.

My husband is enjoying the increased pay from his new job. He did say that he doesn't get hugs at work though.

I am still working out but have changed things up a bit with my husband working and Stehen being home from school. I been enjoying more outdoor activties and know the Y will be there when I want it. On the days that I run I go into the Y for my shower so it's not all wasted.

Just for the record, my child's father did finally on his own send child support. He sent 210 which amounts to almost a whole months payment at once. It couldn't have come at a better time with school starting and all. I was pretty impressed that he did it but at the same time I wasn't going to get on my knees and thank him for something he should have done. Don't mean I didn't say thank you. Just wasn't going to go overboard with it. I was pretty impressed with the system that he dropped the payment off at the post office on Friday and by Tuesday I had the money.

No comments: