Saturday, February 9, 2013

reunion


One area reunion has did a makeover on me is my self esteem. I admit I felt like I was ugly. At the best I saw myself as a plain Jane. Reunion has opened my eyes to see myself in a different light. My daughter looks very much like me. We have been asked if we are sister's. I am 15 years older than her so it makes me feel young that someone could think we are sisters. I have let her answer that and she always says that I am her birthmom.

It's hard to keep the bad self esteem because if I look in the mirror and think that I am ugly or plain jane then so is my daughter. I just think she is cute! Pretty beautiful if you ask me. She has the most stunning eyes that I have ever seen.

Last weekend, I hit my 50 lb loss and got into the pants that I bought when I went shopping with Izzy!!

I am sure reunion hasn't just helped my self image of what I look like but I like to think it's done some fixing up for my self worthy to know my daughter. Reunion isn't easy but it sure beats not knowing her.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congrats on your weight loss! I'm headed that way myself...well, once I start I guess. I think extra weight can be used as a shield, and when you get into a better state of mind, you can begin shedding that protective layer. That's my theory anyway. :)