Tuesday, October 16, 2012


The last couple weeks I have been finding myself missing my daughter a little bit more than normal. I often find myself jealous of the interactions between her and her Mom and wondering why I don't pester her all the time to make sure she is safe.

The last couple times, I have tried to connect with Izzy on facebook she hasn't responded. Recently, I posted a picture of her scrapbook open and put it on her wall. Nothing. Today, I wrote her that I missed her and so far she hasn't wrote back. I know she is working a lot but I still miss her.

I guess the answer would be that Izzy isn't trying very hard to talk to me so I won't be sending texts daily to check on her. I breathe easier when I see her posting on FB because I know for that moment in time she was breathing. If I had to put a number on how often I text her I would say about twice a month.

I am trying to get working on her scrapbook more often. I didn't stick to my goal of spending ten a week on supplies and photos. However, we created space in the living room with a table for me to have a place to work on scrapbooking. I am happy to finally have a spot to sit that doesn't involve the kitchen table or me sitting on the living room floor at the level of a coffee table. I did spend almost twenty bucks on prints and want to try to get a few new things for scrapbook paper.

I might bring scrapbook supplies to my retreat but not sure. I don't want to spend too much time on my own as this is a great event for hanging with other Mom's.

Tomorrow, I am taking the day off from work. I asked nicely if they could try and cover my shift because my best friend is really sick in the hospital. She is sick and scared and cries a lot. I didn't want her being alone all day.

I can't offer much and it's only one day. Most of her stays in the hospital are at least a week long but it's something.

I hope she can manage to sleep while I am there. I know she has a hard time sleeping when alone. This illness has been so hard on her family and her husband doesn't really stay by her side as much as I think he should.

No comments: