Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Possible new adventure for me


I wanted to find a post to link back in this blog about MELD. Go here and this post is sort of the beginning of the end for my days volunteering for them.

I have been missing volunteering for MELD but don't have any regrets for speaking out which is what resulted in them excusing me from babysitting weekly.

I been wanting to dip back into volunteering but didn't know what to do. I maybe selfish in saying this but I want to play with babies and get back into doing what I think I was meant to do.

I just didn't know where else to go so I haven't done anything.

Today, after zumba, I seen a girl wearing a tshirt of a place that I have heard of before. I don't know a lot about them but I believe they provide emergency care for children should an event come up and the parent needed a safe place for her child.

I asked her if they took volunteers and she said that they did and I should call and talk to someone about it.

I plan on calling tomorrow. I don't know if anything will come out of this but it would be nice get back into babysitting little kids. I don't know what kind of requirements they have as in hours ect. I am thinking I really don't want to get into volunteering weekly due to working full time and just being busy. I can see myself volunteering a couple times a month for a few hours at a time.

I just feel that I belong in an organization that helps families stay together. I don't just want to be the girl behind the blog. I want to help someone when they need it. I want to maybe the difference in the child's and parent's life that hopefully help keep them together.

No comments: