Sunday, February 22, 2015


After much consideration I decided I wouldn't share my post from my time where my step daughter's baby was born and I took it hard. It's just too raw and full of emotions that I don't want to put it out on this blog. My grand daughter just turned 5 recently and I have come a long way since that day.

What I learned by going back and looking at the old post is now I fully understand why I reacted the way I did and I bet most birthmothers would have had a hard time with it.

It was 5 years ago. 5 years ago, around this time, I was in contact with my daughter but had yet to meet her. I had found her in late 2009 but we spent a whole year in contact before we met in person. So when my step daughter had her baby I was very much on an emotional roller coaster trying to figure things out with my daughter and sitting on pins and needles to meet her.

I am in a much happier place so I am hoping I don't have any flash backs of repeated emotions when my second grand daughter will be born.

No comments: