Saturday, November 7, 2009

How many of my readers have children in that magic age range when they still believe in Santa. Do you ever remember hearing your child tell Santa what he wants and you think damn now I got to go chasing down a police car with sirens and lights. So, you go from store to store to buy your child that special gift and call it from Santa? Why do we as parents do that? It it because, we love our kids so much that it hurts so badly not to give them what their hearts desire?

One thing, that I haven't blogged much is about how adoption has affected my boys. Izzy has been talked about but not in too much detail. She is someone who I want to talk about, but afraid to really get into their heads. I know they are interested in her, but to what degree. I just don't know. It's hard to really want to know the answer, because I can't promise that I can give them what their heart desires if they desire a relationship with her. I can't bring myself to tell them that they will never have a sister. That no matter what the sister/brother relationship that should have been will never happen. How do you break your kids heart. So it's just easier to avoid the subject. I would say that both kids bring her up equally. My older son got excited when he seen her name in my van. It's a necklace with all three kids names hanging from charms. My younger son gets those sad eyes and says he wishes he had a sister.  I don't know what the future holds them them and Izzy. I wish it was as easy has hunting down that cop car that had the cool sirens and lights. Or has easy it was to buy them a new bike and see their eyes light up. 

I think it's important to remember that adoption affects more people than we normally think about. It's such a sad world out there. I wish I had all the answers to this world's problems, but I don't. 

No comments: