Sunday, July 6, 2014

my 8 mile trail run


I survived my 8 mile trail run!! I really wasn't prepared for the fact that it was a "trail run" I didn't take time to think about what that really meant to me.. All I thought about was getting my runs up to 8 miles the weeks that lead up to the run.

It was a major challenge with hills and the bumps and mud that comes with grass. A friend but I wouldn't say a close friend asked me did I want to do it and I agreed if I could ride with her and I got the day off. I don't mean to imply that I don't like this friend but we just haven't really hung out too much. We have special needs children and we met at a retreat a few years ago.


She was a faster runner than me so we didn't run it together cause I couldn't keep up with her.. For this most part.. I was okay with it but there were some moments of the race where I was completly alone and no one else in sight.. I am a person who is fearful of getting lost and this did bother me a bit but luckily the run was marked well and some spots even had volunteers telling you where to turn ect.

There was a point where I was around a few other people and I mentioned that I came with a friend but she was faster and they mentioned how they agreed as a group to stay together. That part felt a little lonely cause it would have been nice to have that kind of friendship where we would stand by each other. However, I sort of see why she might have went on. If someone was extremly slower than me. It might effect my run if I had to be held back.

I finished the race in 1 hour and 47 minutes.. I don't recall her times but I believe it was an hour and 30 to 1 hour and 36 minutes. She was there when I crossed so it was nice that they waited to see me cross.

She mentioned she is interested in an half marathon.. so that would be 13 miles. I am not quite sure I am up for that.. Running long distance just wipes me out and it takes so much time to get the runs longer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I am not sure I could have done that.

http://momofpink.blogspot.com/