Saturday, August 6, 2016

running


This week I bumped my running up quite a bit. I believe I set a new record for myself. In a 6 day period, between 4 runs I have ran 25 miles this week. I do best with fitness when I have a plan in mind on what I do on each day. Now that I have a planet fitness membership along with my ymca membership I need to fit in weight training so I added a 4th running day just for this week to start the new plan.

I will basically be once a week doing a long run where I increase my distance. I no longer will think of my runs in miles but in how much time I can run and divide that time in half and turn around at that point. I figure the miles will naturally come on.

I will also be doing two other runs. One will be before work so it will be limited on how far I can go.. the other run will probably be longer than the short run but not as long as the longer run. It will all depend on how I am feeling and what I have going on for the day.

I am getting excited for my half marathon. I do wish I had a little more time to build on long runs and feel like I am good at them... right now I am pretty good with anything leading up to 8 miles.. more than that and it's a challenge.

No comments: