Saturday, July 9, 2016

8 mile trail run


On the 4th of July, I ran a 8 mile trail run. It was about an hour drive for me. It's a whole new world out there waiting for me with me having the GPS and some confidence in myself not to get lost. If only I had a better car, more money and more time to travel.. awww.. what wishes.

I had ran this trail run once before. It was two years ago. I went with a friend but she was faster than me so I ran it by myself.

I was pretty good with my training. I had a few long runs in and many short ones too. I just once again failed to get some training in with the crazy hills.

It's a beautiful setting.





Felt great to get to mile 7. The finish line isn't too far off.. one more mile.. just one more mile.





The hills are the worst. They make me feel like I am going to throw up. It's almost physically impossible for me to run them but I ran up the majority of them.

I miss the idea of running with friends and having people cheering me on. I only have one friend that I have ran with and she does another run on the 4th of July. We are planning on running a half marathon together soon. We just don't know the date yet. It's the biggest loser run. I am looking forward to making that goal again.


No comments: